June 13, 2024

Rider Levett Bucknall expands office space in Leeds and unveils ambitious growth plans

0

Rider Levett Bucknall (RLB), the leading global property and construction consultancy, has relocated to larger premises in Leeds city centre, taking the 11th Floor of the Platform building next to Leeds train station.

In a statement of confidence in the city and wider Yorkshire region, the company now boasts a 70-strong team in Leeds – with the Managing Partner of Yorkshire, Humber and the North East at RLB, Matt Summerhill, outlining ambitious growth plans at the new office launch event last week.

Speaking to an audience of RLB colleagues, clients, and business and civic leaders, Matt set out the company’s vision for the region that will see the team grow to over 250 people in the next 7 years.

Recognising Leeds’ prominence as a leading international city, Matt said: “Our move to larger premises in Leeds marks an exciting chapter for RLB as we demonstrate our deep-rooted commitment to Leeds and the wider region. We have built an exceptional team over recent years – and we will continue to invest in this city. Over the next 7 years we will create hundreds of new jobs including an increasing number of Graduate and Apprentice roles and are looking forward to playing an ever-more significant role in the region’s growth and success.

“We are eager to work closely with local businesses, clients, and professionals to drive the continued success of this vibrant area and look forward to delivering exceptional services from our expanded premises in Leeds.”

During the first quarter of 2023, RLB’s team in Yorkshire, Humber and the North East achieved a record number of new construction starts, working across the public and private sectors, contributing to the overall expansion of RLB’s UK business, which now totals over 1,000 employees across 12 offices in the UK. The new office base will support RLB’s ambitious plans for growth in turnover, expanding client base, and recruitment of new talent to the team.

RLB marked the move with a drinks reception held in the new office attended by Councillor James Lewis, Leader of Leeds City Council. Speaking at the event, Councillor Lewis expressed his enthusiasm for RLB’s expansion and its positive impact on the region: “We are thrilled to see RLBs continued success and growth in Yorkshire, Humber, and the North East. The opening of their new office in Leeds city centre further solidifies their commitment to the region and highlights their investment in the development of local talent.

“RLB’s expansion will undoubtedly contribute to the ongoing growth of the built-environment industry in our area. We congratulate them on their achievements and look forward to witnessing their continued success.”

In line with its dedication to environmental responsibility, RLB has also reaffirmed its commitment to achieving net-zero carbon emissions in the UK by 2025 and 2030 globally. The new office space in Leeds has been designed with sustainability in mind, utilising energy-efficient technologies and incorporating eco-friendly practices. RLB recognises the urgent need to address climate change and is actively implementing strategies to reduce its carbon footprint while promoting sustainable development within the industry.

By expanding its footprint in Leeds, RLB is not only investing in its clients but also reaffirming its commitment to its employees. The new premises provide a modern and collaborative workspace that fosters creativity, innovation, and personal growth. RLB acknowledges that its success is directly tied to the exceptional talent it attracts and retains, and the enhanced office space ensures a conducive environment for professional development and employee well-being.

When RLB files its accounts later this year, it is expected that the company’s income will surpass the significant milestone of £100 million. Revenue for the year ending in April is projected to reach approximately £107 million, a notable increase from £88 million in the previous year. As a global construction consultancy, RLB generates approximately 80% of its turnover from the UK market, with the remaining 20% coming from Europe.

For more information about RLB and its services, please visit www.rlb.com.

Leave a Reply