Is it possible to sell your house instantly? Well… it depends what you mean by “instantly”! Not to be facetious (or perhaps a bit), you cannot think, “I’d like to sell my house,” and make it happen in the next day. Even in ultra hot markets, even when you get offers within hours of listing, sales take time to complete. And yes, even in ultra hot markets and with motivated, funded buyers, you can still be looking at a few months before you are free of your property and able to move on – literally and figuratively.
But if “instantly” indicates more of an “as soon as humanly possible” situation or a “much quicker than a typical house sale” scenario, then yes. You can sell on a highly accelerated timeline.
Sell House Instantly – or As Close To
The last thing you need right now is false promises. You may be facing repossession. You may be in arrears on your mortgage. You may need to relocate for work or family or pay for care for yourself or a loved one. Whatever your reasons, you are entitled to accurate answers. There is no such concept as an “instantaneous” sale. It does not work like that. Even if someone hands you a pile of cash right this second, there are still steps that need to be taken to satisfy legal and even due diligence requirements.
There is, however, a very real, tried and tested concept of a fast cash sale of your property. How does it work?
- You research potential cash property buyers, vetting their expertise, certification and membership with key industry organisations such as the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the National Association of Property Buyers (NAPB) and ratings and reviews from real customers who are in situations just like yours.
- Upon selecting a company with which you feel comfortable, you simply submit a quick form requesting a cash offer for your house.
- Within 24 hours, you will receive an offer in principle on your home.
- You have the freedom and control to weigh the offer and decide if you would like to accept or decline.
- If you decide to accept, the company will instruct valuations. Upon receipt of these reports, they will proffer a formal offer, pending a contract and the results of a RICS survey.
- The buyer undertakes these aspects of the house sale process, at no cost to you. You are under no obligation to continue or accept a formal offer.
- If you choose to continue, the buyer proceeds to complete the sale.
- You are done! Hand over your keys and you will have complete access to funds that are deposited directly into your bank account.
That is it. While there is a lot of action on the back end – that is, on the part of the buyer – they have specialised knowledge and experience in quick property sales and move with great speed and agility. All in all, the entire sale can be completed within two weeks or perhaps even less.
Are there other options if you want to sell house instantly? Again, know that “instantly” is a misnomer! You could try to list your house with an estate agent or sell it yourself. If so, you can move relatively quickly if a buyer makes an offer quickly. If they do not, you may be stuck with a property that you do not want or can no longer afford as you wait for interest. Even if you do get an offer, it is contingent upon the results of inspections, surveys and searches. Lenders can even revoke approval if the property does not meet their standards.
Auctions can allow you to sell within 45 to 60 days, but you may be forced into a situation where you must accept the minimum bid – and you may have to pay hefty fees to add to the hassle.
When you weigh your options and do your own due diligence, you may find that the best way to sell house “instantly,” is to choose an experienced cash property buyer. They will not only ensure that the process is fast and expenses are minimised, they will handle all of the tasks associated with a sale, from surveys to searches to solicitors’ fees.
Is this the right option for you?